Saturday 16 May 2015

COGNIZANT : INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

COGNIZANT : INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE 

In the campus recruitment process of Cognizant, first there was a written test. After clearing the written test, next day interview was scheduled.
Thy collected our resume and passed it to the corresponding panel for technical round. The following is the detailed experience of both Technical and HR interview being held in the campus recruitment process in 2014.

Technical Round
In the Technical round, I stood beside the door, asked him to get in. He said, yes than I wished him good afternoon and he asked me to sit. Than the following conversation took place.

1.Tell me about yourself?
I am Ajeet Khan, pursuing MCA from IIPS. I have been working in Development Center since last one and a half year. DC is an NPO of self motivated volunteer student of IIPS. I have been working as database developer and manager at the same.

2. (Seeing the resume) So Ajeet, Army School boy?
Yes sir, I did my schooling from 9th class to 10th class in Army School Mhow.

3. So is your father in Army?
No sir, he is a lecturer in Govt. H.S.S. Mhow.

4. Than how come you studied in Army School?
I gave the entrance test for Army school to get admission in 9th class. Civilians are allowed but the seats for civilian are very less. I cleared the exam and got admitted over there.

5. What you have learnt from Army School?

Discipline sir.

6. Why do you want to join Cognizant?

Cognizant is a fast growing company and as mentioned in the presentation that it doesn't have any official bond with the employee other than the emotional bond, which I liked the most. This is because if one is set free to work without any pressure, he/she becomes most productive. And if he/she becomes more productive than it would be beneficial to the organization as well.

7. So how can you contribute to cognizant?
I can contribute my skills to cognizant. I am good at team work. I have good communication skills and by innovative ideas I can contribute to cognizant.

8. Ok, can you share one innovative idea with me?

yes sir, as it was mentioned the presentation of your company that most of the fresher are unemployable as they do not pursue those skills which the company demands. So there exists a gap between the skills that a fresher pursue and the skills that a company demand. We, In the Development Center, follow a model which serves the purpose to fill this gap.

9. How do you fill that gap?
We have some senior who have worked on number of projects and have some experience. We give entry to selected juniors from 2nd and 3rd year. They needs to complete a syllabus prepared by us under the guidance of a senior assigned to them. After completing the syllabus they are given chance to work on live projects. This makes them aware of "about technologies" and "how to work on projects".

10. Okay Ajeet, I am forwarding you for HR round, Best of luck.
Thank you sir,
Have a nice day (while leaving)



HR Round

After the technical round I was quite relaxed as I cleared the technical round. Though it was not that much of a technical one but I was feeling relaxed. My name was called out for the HR interview. It was a lady HR, I asked her to get in the cabin. I wished her than she asked me to sit. After that the following conversation took place.

1. Tell me about yourself and your family?
I am Ajeet Khan, pursuing MCA from IIPS. I have been working in Development Center since last one and a half year. DC is an NPO of self motivated volunteer student of IIPS. I have been working as database developer and manager at the same.
Coming to my family, there are four member in my family including me. My father is a lecturer in Govt. H.S. School. My mother is a house-wife and my elder brother works in Eicher company.


2. Why do you want to join cognizant?
Cognizant is a fast growing company and as mentioned in the presentation that it doesn't have any official bond with the employee other than the emotional bond, which I liked the most. This is because if one is set free to work without any pressure, he/she becomes most productive. And if he/she becomes more productive than it would be beneficial to the organization as well.

3. How can you contribute to cognizant?

I can contribute my skills to cognizant. I am good at team work. I have good communication skills and by innovative ideas I can contribute to cognizant.

4. How do you work in team?
While working in team the most important is to cooperation among team member. We work with mutual understanding and if sometimes the task assigned to a member is not completed by him than I use to work with him to solve the problem. I use to say to my team member, let's do it together and solve the problem.

5. (Seeing in the resume) What is coursera?
It is MOOC (On-line course) providing organization founded by Mr. Andrew Ng. It provides many online courses free. Many topnotch universities like university of Toronto, Stanford university offer on-line courses.

6. So, what you have learned from those courses?
I have learned current technology trends, basic fundamentals of computer science/programming. Currently I am pursuing Machine Learning course from coursera.

7. What do you get from these courses, do they provide something to you?
They provide video lectures and assignments and after the successful completion of the course, one get a certificate. They provide certificate in the soft format. I have few of them.

8. Can you show me those certificate?

Sure ma'am. (I showed my certificates)

9. OK, Ajeet, now I would like to know that will you be comfortable regarding work timings or location?
Yes ma'am, I would be comfortable. I have no issues regarding these.

10. Do you have any question with me?
Yes ma'am, I would like to know about the growth of individual employee in cognizant.

11. (She explained)


12. Any other queries Ajeet?
No ma'am. Thank you.

13 OK, you may leave now.
Thank you ma'am. Have a nice Day.

Finally after all these, I got selected.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright @ 2013 Appychip.

Designed by Appychip & YouTube Channel