Thursday 27 August 2015

ebay.in fooling customers and worst customer service as per my experience

I purchased sandisk 8gb pendrive. I am having two issues with the purchase. The courier service guy messaged me to come and pick the order and when I complaint against the same he came to my house but he use to give missed call to me to ask the address. I raised a claim for the same on ebay but the status of that claim is still under process even after receiving the item.
Secondly, the MRP shown at the time of purchase was 309 INR and I got a discount of 100 INR as it was my first purchase with the ebay. But when I received the item, the MRP printed on the item was 289 INR. So ebay was trying to fool the customer. Its not about 10 or 20 INR, its about trust and customer satisfaction. It was a act of fooling the customer.
I arranged callback twice with the customer service of ebay and explained my issues but the call got disconnected at the end and the issues remained unresolved.
Being an aware customer am reporting this issue. But after so many attempts for a smooth complaining process am opening my issue in social media so that customer do not get fooled by ebay or any other ecommerce.
It was totally a frustrating and irritating experience with ebay. This was the first and probably the last purchase of mine with ebay.

Following are the proof of my purchase




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright @ 2013 Appychip.

Designed by Appychip & YouTube Channel