Thursday 26 October 2017

Install Gedit Using Brew For Mac

gedit Installation Instructions

About gedit : It is a GNOME text editor,  a powerful general purpose text editor!  It is aimed for simplicity and ease of use. You can read more about gedit here - https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit

Steps:
  1. First launch Terminal by pressing command+space button, then type terminal and hit Enter button.
  2. Now, run below command to install brew:

    ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null

  3. Now, Install gedit:

    brew install gedit
You are Done!

3 comments:

  1. How can be install and old mac os 10.7.5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi how will this affect my system going forward? I have just used your instructions and downloaded a ton of stuff but I don't know what I just downloaded XD. I've just realised I don't need gedit because I can use nano instead. Is there a way to undo these changes in future? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO INSTALL IT!! DOWNLOAD MULTIPLE THINGS AND I DON'T KNOW WHY ALL THESES PACKAGES

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright @ 2013 Appychip.

Designed by Appychip & YouTube Channel